"Everyone has a story, it's my job to bring them to life and make them breathe: Vinum Historia suus MEUM eos vivere faciam spiro" ~ Colvoy

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Laurell K. Hamilton- Creator and visionary

This is Laurell K. Hamilton!!! This woman is the most influential person to me because of her amzing novels and creative world. She has created a many worlds through out her books such as the Anitaverse in which she has created the character Anita Blake. It is a world of supernatural creatures that live among the living, acting like normal citizens. her books take many genres and jumbled them together. she takes peoples morals and prejudices and applies them to these creatures that she has created. Prejudices such as: discrimination, religious freedom, love is blind, and etc. All of her characters all have physical deformations and problems that follow them for the rest of their immortal lives. she inspired to continue writing and keep my writing strong. she also helped me pick my genre in which i love to write which is horror/science fiction/ fantasy/. she has made me become a visionary so that i could create a whole new world with my stories. giving my characters life and making them become part of me is what an author should do. creating their personalities and giving them life challenges, such as Anita Black a 5'4 woman who fights vampires, demons, zombies, ghouls, werewolves, were-felines, fey, witches, dragons, and ghosts. some day i hope to create a world that incorporates all of these creatures within it.

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE HER BOOKS :D only cause you got me and Bri into them :D JUANITO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I hope you create tight worlds like that someday, too. :) I'd deff read your books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm interested in how you talk about her application of prejudices. Does she do this to make her characters seem more applicable and "human" or does she try to make a statement through them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. To me i think that she is trying to be more applicable and human, but also she is tying it into a statement. sometimes what she conveys throughout her series, the one i'm reading, is that who you are determines how everyone treats you.

    ReplyDelete