"Everyone has a story, it's my job to bring them to life and make them breathe: Vinum Historia suus MEUM eos vivere faciam spiro" ~ Colvoy

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Book Excert: Obsidian Butterfly

Excert from Chapter 2 of Obsidian Butterfly. It's book 9 of the Anita Blake Series


(Warning there is some unappropriate language in this Excert so no one get on to me about it please.)



Enjoy :)



"Donna was hurting. Peter was hurting. Edward wasn't hurting. I looked up at him, past Donna's softly horrified face. His eyes were empty as he looked at me, as waiting and patient as any predator. How dare he step into their lives like this! How dare he cause them more pain! Because whatever happened, whether he married her or didn't, it was going to be painful. Painful for for everyone but Edward. Though maybe I could fix that. If he fucked up Donna's life, maybe I could fuck up his. Yeah, I liked that. I'd spread the rain around all over his parade.



It must have shone in my eyes for a second or two, because Edward's eyes narrowed, and for that moment I felt that shiver he could send down my spine with just a glance. He was a very dangerous man, but to protect this family I'd test his limits, and mine. Edward had finally found something that pissed me off enough to maybe press the button that I'd never wanted to touch. He had to leave Donna and her family alone. He had to get out of their lives. I'd see him out of their lives, or else. And there is only one "or else" when you're dealing with Edward. Death."

1 comment:

  1. Wow, her writing is so powerful, makes me want to read Books 1-8 and the first chapter of Book 9, just so I can find out what happens next.

    ReplyDelete